Pond Repair In Frederick, MD
Rejuvenate Your Pond For Unforgettable Moments of Serenity
1,000+ ponds constructed and repaired | 5,000+ ponds cleaned | Active in Maryland, DC, and Northern Virginia since 2001
Keep Your Backyard Pond In Frederick Thriving
Homeowners in Frederick. Maryland, with backyard ponds or koi ponds, appreciate the serene ambiance and calming effect they provide.
However, inadequate maintenance, such as neglecting pond liner repair, filtration equipment repair, or waterfall repair, can result in frustration and dissatisfaction.
Properly caring for your backyard pond keeps its delicate ecosystem healthy so you can fully enjoy it. Devote attention to the upkeep of your backyard pond to ensure it remains a cherished highlight of your home.
This is where pond repair experts come in. We can fix your pond to be as good as new again.
The most common pond repairs we perform include:
Signs To Schedule Pond Repair Services in Frederick
It’s crucial to schedule pond repair services at the first sign of trouble to keep your pond thriving. Below are signs that your pond needs repairs:
- Water leakage
- Murky, discolored, or foul-smelling water
- Algae overgrowth
- Malfunctioning equipment
- Eroding or collapsing edges
- Unhealthy fish or wildlife
We’re here to help as your expert pond repair team in Frederick, MD. Together, we can make sure your pond is healthy and thriving so you can continue making outdoor memories with friends and family.
How Our Pond Repair Service Works
Once we understand what your water feature needs, we'll spare no effort in giving it the proper look and functionality. We’ll leave your oasis in perfect condition, ready for you and your family to enjoy.
Get In Touch With Us
Fill out our form and tell us about your water feature’s issues. We’ll have a phone consultation to discuss the details of your pond repair project and answer any questions you may have.
We Work Our Magic
Enjoy Your Renewed Pond
Your pond is now functioning properly and ready to give you more moments of peace. We’ll take the time to educate you on our findings and guide you on keeping your pond looking its best through the seasons.
Pond Repair Pricing In Frederick, MD
We deliver high-quality services that will turn your yard into a unique and relaxing space for family gatherings. With 20 years of experience in the pond construction industry, we use our knowledge and mastery to exceed our customers’ expectations every time.
Custom Pond Repair In Frederick, Maryland*
Includes checking your pond for leaks and cracks, performing a full restoration if your pond is in bad condition, and upgrading the pump or filtration system.
This is a custom service and the price is based on the size of your pond, the type of repair your pond needs, and any upgrades that you'd like to add. You’ll receive an exact quote for your unique pond repair after the in-home consultation.
Pond Repair Portfolio
Browse our gallery below to see the the endless possibilities for your home. We'll make sure your water feature becomes a beautiful oasis based on custom design, flawless execution, and proper care.
Ponds Built And Repaired
An Award Winning Pond Company
Premier Ponds is an Aquascape Certified Contractor ready to tackle the most complex and demanding pond projects. As 2014 and 2016 Pond Company Of The Year, we have helped DC, MD, and NoVa residents with pond maintenance, renovation, and construction for 20 years and counting.
Happy Homeowners Like You Say
We let our work speak for itself! We love to hear from our satisfied customers. Read what they say about the quality of our services so you can make an informed decision when choosing Premier Ponds to build the pond of your dreams!
The guys at Premier Ponds have done two terrace ponds for me and both are a work of art in my opinion. The waterfalls make the ponds, along with the plantings and fish tunnels. There are not many people out there who work on small, backyard ponds. I highly recommend Premier.
Our old pond liner had developed a leak. Premier ponds evaluated it, suggested some changes to our original pump system, and we agreed on a date to replace the liner and plumbing.
The very polite and helpful crew arrived right on time and completed the work in one day. After the pond was completely re-filled some liner was showing above the water. Premier ponds came out and without question adjusted the rock surround so that no liner now shows. We are very pleased with the finished product and would use them again.
Everyone at Premier Ponds has been great. Andrew is always very responsive and his entire team are professional and courteous while on site. The end-product is beautiful and my clients have been very happy with their services. I’d highly recommend them.
Pond Repair FAQs Frederick, MD, Homeowners Ask Us
Here are the answers to the most common questions people ask our pond repair team in Frederick:
- Lower the pond’s water level until only 6 inches remain.
- Safely relocate fish and plants.
- Keep the fish in a shaded tub with pond water.
- Drain the rest of the water from the pond.
- Clear the pond bottom of muck and other waste.
- If there are any repair patches, take them off.
- Clean the liner using a pressure washer.
- Let the liner dry fully.
- Apply liquid rubber seam tape to the damaged spot.
- If you have an EPDM liner, clean it with acetone and apply a liquid rubber EPDM primer.
- Use a sprayer, roller, or brush to apply a liquid rubber sealant to the damaged spot.
- Allow the sealant to dry completely.
- Apply additional 2-3 coats of sealant to create a 30 mil. thick membrane.
- Let the membrane dry for 3-5 days.
- Refill the pond with water.
- Wait for 1-2 days to check for any leaks.
- Make the water safe for your fish.
- Put your plants back.
- Slowly reintroduce your fish to the pond water.
Pond Sealant for Small Holes
For 1-2 inch damages, pond sealant is an effective and safe solution for fish and plants.
- Remove fish and plants.
- Drain the pond.
- Dry the damaged spot.
- Apply the sealant as instructed.
- Allow it to cure, which can take up to 8 hours. Start early to avoid keeping fish in a tub overnight.
Repair Kits for Larger Holes
For larger holes (2-by-2 inches to 30-by-30 inches), repair kits with primer, a sticky patch, and a roller are ideal.
- Remove fish and plants.
- Drain the pond.
- Dry the area.
- Apply the primer.
- Cut the patch into a circle.
- Apply the patch using the roller.
- Allow it to set.
- Move your fish to a separate tub with their old water.
- Turn off the system and any extras like an auto-fill device.
- Refill the pond to the normal level.
- Let the pond water drain.
- Check the water line for the leak source when the water stops.
- If the water level doesn’t drop significantly, the leak isn’t in the pond basin and you’ll need to search elsewhere.
The Milk Or Dye Method
Use a gallon of milk or non-toxic dye to find a pond leak. Pour the colored liquid from the top of the feature and observe where it goes. If there is a hole, you should see the milk or dye go into it and out of your pond.
Sodium Bentonite Clay
Sodium bentonite clay is a non-toxic, natural mineral that is a cost-effective sealant for large ponds. It can be used in any pond condition, including those with water, fish, plants, swimming ponds, and ponds that can’t be drained.