Summer Pond Maintenance for Maryland, Washington DC, Northern Virginia
Pond Filter Cleaning For Summer
Ponds are living ecosystems and with that, there needs to be a bit of maintenance done in between the Spring and Fall cleaning. While some ponds need a full cleaning, many only need to have their filters cleaned.
How To Identify If Your Pond Needs Its Filters Cleaned
- The waterfall on your pond starts to slow down around the end of June
- Your water a bit dirtier than it was a month or two ago
- Some of the plant stalks have fallen over
While there are more examples (since each pond has a unique sense to it), these tend to be the most common.
Our Summer Pond Maintenance Includes:
- Cleaning all filters, skimmers and biofalls
- Trimming any dead plant material
- Lightly pressure washing the waterfall.
- Application of any client provided chemicals (Bacteria, SAB, Ecoblast)
- Install Tropical Plant Packages (by special request)