A pond is a living, working system. An ecosystem that is. At Premier Ponds, we help bring what Mother Nature has done such a good job of for years to your backyard. Everything that we put into your water feature has a specific purpose and helps to keep the pond as natural as possible.
Aspects Of An Ecosystem Pond:
- The first part of an ecosystem pond is the biofalls. The biofalls has two main purposes in the pond:
- It is the waterfall that allows the water to pass into the basin of the pond
- The biofalls act as a mechanical filter to help keep debris out of the pond
- Once the water is in the pond, the plants and fish come into play. They work together in equilibrium to provide nutrients for each other.
- A pond without plants can lead to a large algae problem due to a lack of plants taking the nutrients away from the algae
- The rocks and gravel in the bottom of the pond actually have a very positive effect in that it allows for beneficial bacteria to grow.
- The final major aspect of a pond’s ecosystem is the skimmer unit. Very similar to a biofalls, this is a mechanical filter to help keep the pond clear.
Take a look at our Ecosystems Brochure to see some projects Premier Ponds has done!